Friday, October 10, 2014

The 5th Wave - Book Review

Author: Rick Yancey
Edition: Putnam Juvenile Hardback
Released: January 1st 2013
Series: The 5th Wave #1
Pages: 480 approx.
Links: Goodreads  | Author's Website | Buy the book!

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.
Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker.
Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.

I heard a lot of this book throughout booktube many months ago, I had been putting of buying it because I really wanted the hardback version and it was a bit pricey. Last month I heard that actually heard that it was about aliens, and that was the final straw. I love aliens so much, I think I could say that Sci-Fi is my favorite genre. :p

This book has major hype throughout the Young Adult world and I have heard nothing but good things about it. Apparently they are making the book into a movie too? Starring Chloe Grace Mortez, which is SUPER exciting!

I was super pumped to start reading this book and  I had very high expectations.
This book is set out in parts, so the parts are using the different characters perspectives, each person's perspective is seperated with two black starry pages with a title. This gives us the chance to feel what are other people are feeling, and not just be stuck with the same person thoughts throughout the book. I love the way Rick Yancey has set this book out, it's easy to understand and it also keeps everything interesting and fun!

I love all the main characters! Cassie is so awesome and badass, she always speaks with a bit of sarcasm which I find so funny and amusing. Evan Walker is the coolest ever... He's so adorable and romantic and ahhhh, he also very mysterious which I find so interesting and it keeps me reading to find out more. 
Then theres Ben Parish, Cassie's highschool crush. Ben's perspective is shown a little later in the books and he is so kind and caring! He helps look after Sammy (Cassies little brother) and he is so protective over Sammy and he is just makes the book a whole lot better!

Ok I think I am talking to much now... I just love this book so much. The story is so unique and so AWESOME! I read this book in 2 days, that's how amazing it was. I definitaly recommend this book to EVERYONE! Its super amazing and you will not regret reading it.
I am super excited to read The Infinite sea, which is the sequel to this book! :p

I rate this book a 5/5 stars 

Happy Reading! 
Chelsea xo





2 comments:

  1. I love you'r review! I've been meaning to read this for some time now :) And I love your blog as well. You said you were new to this but you seem to be doing a great job! Keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete